Sunday, February 3, 2013

How to teach an old dog new tricks...



French toast the easy (lazy) way.  Bet you didn't know that old waffle iron could do this trick!








Just make a batter out of eggs, a  generous splash of milk, a drop of vanilla and a dash of salt. (I use one egg for every two pieces of bread). Fat and a spatula are not required.  Heat up your non-stick waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions, dip your bread of choice, and let the waffle iron do the rest!  Save on calories, time and mess.  You can top it with your favorite syrup, fresh fruit, or if you are inclined, top with a nicely fried egg and serve with a side of hash browns.  Do this.  Do it right now.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea though I'd switch it up and say it's an easy way to make a waffle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to do this in my heart shaped waffle maker. Will have to sort something out with the bread though . . . I will need a HUGE piece of bread!

    ReplyDelete